Friday, November 19, 2010

Music Sounds Better In Paris

The deadline of this post is almost there, so let's quickly kick off with my all time favourite rodent..

Deadmau5 - Right This Second



After First being presented as "Moonlight Sonata Esque", and then "Atrium", Deadmau5 has eventually settled on the title "Right This Second". This track is gonna save the ,far too electro-ish, new deadmau5 album, 4 x 4 = 12. The build up with her powerful chords and solid drop remind me and many others of the "random album title" mau5 we all fell in love with. Let's hope this track is the start of random album title 2.0!

Calibre - Even If





Not everybody likes drum&bass, but this is more than that. This is a piece of art. It's best to let the track speak for itself : )

Kaito - We Are Living Here




This is one of my favourite pieces of music I ever had the privilege listening to. It's so simple and complex at the same time and incredibly powerful, you'll know what I mean after you've heard it. I discovered this on the a mix compilation called "Renaissance: The Master Series (mixed by james zabiela, on of the best mixers in the world in my opinion). Evertime I hear it, I seems to sound completely fresh and it's rare to come across music like that.

Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You




The classic amongst classics. French house have always fascinated me, too bad it seems extinct now. I hope the new daft punk album still has some french influences. But after hearing "derezzed" and "tron theme" (although good) , I'm afraid I shouldn't get my hopes up..



As for my weekly mix:


I didn't find many electronica this week, so mostly house this time.

Tracklist:


1. Deadmau5 - Right This Second (Vinelli Edit) w/ Axwell and Dirty South - Open Your Heart (acapella)
2. John Dahlbäck - Kairo (Original Mix)
3. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (Kid Massive's 2010 Bootleg)
4. Modjo - Lady (Metsi Edit)
5. Subway - You Think About Me (Metsi's Groundbreaking Remix)
6. Subway - You Think About Me (Gianni Marino Remix)
7. Tomcraft - A Place Called Soul (Original Mix)
8. Chris Lake - Sleepwalker w/ Ellrich & Plaice - Bittersweet (Patrick Plaice & Frank Ellrich Remix)
9. James Talk - Doris Day (Original Mix)
10. Lee Kalt, Mark Alston and Harry Romero feat. Mlu - it's Over Now (Original Mix)
11. Arias and Neal - Alive (Club Mix)
12. Reso - Otacon
13. D-Jashta - Transmorph
14. Vermin - Weight More Than A Waiter
15. N.E.R.D. and Daft Punk - Hypnotize U (Nero Remix)


Anyway, that was my post for this week. I think there's gonna be a music Saturday next week, since I'm probably not available *wenkbrauwwiebel


Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment