Friday, November 12, 2010

Goosebumps Never Lie

Vincent here, and for good!

I'm officially taking over the Friday post now! For those who don't know me, I'm a friend of Mariëlle and I usually post a mix every week containing the newest electronica, house and dubstep tunes. Just like this week, but since I'm taking the Friday post over completely, I'll post some separate tunes too. I did this before and I posted something brand new, something special and something classic (in that order). So let's kick off big with the Luke!


Laidback Luke - Timebomb (Instrumental Mix)



Without a doubt my favourtite producer/artist. Not only very gifted and passionate, but incredibly nice! I was waiting forever for this to come out, and yesterday it did! It seems Luke is going back to his roots (Celebrate us, Pass The Fury, Don't Let Go ect. ). Quote: "I'm done with the the dutch influences in my productions, it was fun for a while but I like to change my style now and then. I'm currently working in my studio with some new ideas. I'm working on a new kind of genre, combining trance and house, I call it trance 2.0!".

Although I prefer this instrumental version, a vocal EP featuring Jonathan Mendelson (yes from till tonight) is going to be released not far from now, with remixers: Gianni Marino and Rene Amesh.

Deadmau5 - Get In The Cart, Pig (working Title)




Deadmau5 - Get In The Cart, Pig. by fuckmylife

Since "Random Album Title" , deadmau5 was truly dead to me. Apart from Strobe and 16th Hour on his new album, no release from him came close to the 2008-2009 greatness and ,unfortunately, succes of Deadmau5. He seemed to go fully electro house and I was already deleting my Facebook/Soundcloud subscriptions... until I stumbled upon this.

This represents everything I love from mister Joel Zimmerman: Powerfull chords, skillfully produced, combined with amazing synthesizer skills. The drop is massive too and I'm almost certain that the full version has a drop with the chords in it. It reminds me a lot of Strobe, and I can only hope he's going to release this.

Thomas Newman - Any Other Time





I can't see how anyone could listen to this without undergoing any form of emotion. I didn't discovered it by watching the movie, but from my MOS chillout sessions CD's. I just to listen to them all the time when I was a kid, and one track is still on my iPod: Jakatta - American Dream (jakatta sampled thomas newman). I strongly recommend this track, it never fails giving me the goosebumps.

I'll post my mix in about an hour, it features a great remix from a deadmau5 tracks, a lot of new house and the most sick dubstep tune you'll ever hear.


Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment